Odd/even and time-of-day watering restrictions are in effect.
To encourage conservation and prevent excessive use of water, the City of Cottage Grove has adopted a lawn watering policy that features an odd/even watering schedule. The City strongly encourages residents to water no more than two times a week.
Residents may water lawns and/or gardens every other day, based on the last digit of your house number.
- If the house number (not street number) ends in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8), water on even-numbered calendar days.
- If the house number ends in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9), water on odd-numbered days.
- In addition, watering is only allowed before noon or after 4 p.m. each day, even on "your" day to water. Watering during the heat of the day wastes water due to evaporation.
- Automatic sprinkling systems must be set to comply with both the odd/even schedule and time-of-day schedule also.
- No watering is allowed on the 31st of the month. This is a change to the ordinance, which was approved by City Council at their July 19, 2017 meeting.
Violation of this subsection shall constitute a misdemeanor (City Code Title 8, Chapter 1) punishable by a fine or imprisonment or both. Each act of violation and each day on which a violation occurs or continues is a separate violation.
Sod Watering Permit
If you have new sod or seeding and need to water more frequently, a one time permit may be issued. Contact Public Works at 651-458-2808 to get this permit.
More information on Water Conservation.